Chic Gardening Supplies
We’re knee deep in gardening season and at the moment I’m just trying to keep everything from burning to a crisp (thanks 100 degree days). I really enjoy spending time outside tending to my plants, but especially when I have all the right tools to help me get the job done. Today, I’ve rounded up my favorite chic gardening supplies to help both you, and your garden, look like a million bucks.
Even if you don’t have a green thumb, you can still look ultra chic while trying to attempt one. Almost everything on this chic gardening supplies list is under $20, but you’d never know it just by looking at them.
Pick out a few new items for yourself, or create a curated bundle to give as a gift to your favorite gardener!
2. If you have a vegetable, fruit, or herb garden, this basket is especially useful to gather and clean everything you harvest. It’s also great for gathering flowers. The mesh bottom makes cleaning gardening tools a breeze too.
3. Not sure about you, but I can never have enough pruning shears. I always seem to lose them. Love the color of this set, which rings in at under $10, which makes them a steal.
4. I hate the cheap plastic spray heads that you can find at every garden center in America, so I swapped mine out with this brass beauty. It’s high powered, has multiple spray patterns, and fits any standard size hose.
5. Not only is this visor good for gardening, but you can easily take it to the golf course, on the boat, or to the beach. I especially love the straw and black combo happening here and it’s adjustable too.
6. Love the functionality of this 2-in-1 garden bench and kneeler. It protects your clothes from dirt and grass stains and prevents your knees and booty from getting sore too! It also has pockets to store your tools, so you don’t have to get up every 5 seconds because you forgot something, like me. Under $50.
7. I don’t like an eyesore, but these plant labels just blend right in. They’re super durable and don’t wash off with regular watering. Easy to use with a permanent marker (white would be so chic!) and under $7 for a pack of 70.
8. It’s hard to find pretty gardening gloves, but these ones seem to get as close as they come. Super neutral and still functional. The length helps prevent cuts and scratches from thorns, and the leather keeps them cool and breathable. And did I mention they’re under $20?
9. Hate when I forget to use saucers on my outside pots and planters, because I inevitably always end up with lovely stains on my concrete after a few months. These ones blend right in and you’ll forget they’re even there. They come in various sizes, so you can pick the right one for your pot!
10. You won’t know how you’ve lived without these soil scoops until you start using them. They are cut on a “bias” that allows you to precisely place your soil exactly where you want it in your pot (without getting it allll over your work surface). They also work great for fertilizer, bird seed, and anything else that needs a scoop. They don’t rust if you accidentally leave them outside and they come in a set of 3 various sizes so you can pick the right guy for the job.
11. You don’t have to be Martha Stewart to have a flourishing garden, but you do need this water meter. You’ll never have to guess when it’s time to water your plants ever again. Just stick this baby into the soil and you’ll get an instant reading that tells you when it’s time to pour. I use it for both my inside and my outside plants. Under $15.
12. I’m a big believer in spending a bit more to get a better quality tool, but this trowel has all the high end finishes, without the high end price tag. It’s bend proof, made of rust proof steel, and has a super comfy soft grip handle to make planting and transplanting a breeze. I also really love the engraved depth guide! Under $10.
13. Finding a place to store your hose is always a fun adventure, but this little hook is chic and doesn’t take up much space. It’s heavy duty and can hold up to a 100 ft. expandable hose. I especially love the opening that fits perfectly over a tap!
14. If you’ve ever taken a gardening or flower arranging class, these are the scissors they have out for you to use. They look dainty (and chic), but they’re powerful and get the job done. The thin blades make them perfect for pruning bonsai, flowers, and deadheading small shrubs too. Super comfortable and easy to use! Under $20.
15. A garden hose is basically a necessity, but you don’t have to succumb the pressures of buying an ugly one, which is why I added this black option to this chic gardening supplies list. It’s lightweight and expandable, so it doesn’t take up a ton of room when it’s being stored. Made from high quality materials and also comes with a storage bag for the off season.
16. I’m not exaggerating when I say this is the BEST spray bottle that I’ve ever used. It has an ultra-fine misting tip, which makes it perfect for misting houseplants, and a 360 degree angle for getting into hard to reach spots or under leaves. It also works for all of those other household chores or beauty needs too, so this one is a no-brainer. Under $7.
17. If you happen to miss a watering day, or want to pick up and head somewhere for a long weekend, these little watering globes will save your plants (& your sanity). Plus, they’re clear, which means they’ll blend right in and won’t stick out like a sore thumb. They come in both large and small sizes.
A few items on this chic gardening supplies list are must haves (in my opinion), but let me know which ones you guys are eyeing. And make sure to save this post for later, because these also make great gifts too!
watch the latest
Let's Mingle Blog2 subscribers
Welcome to the Let's Mingle blog Youtube channel!
Here you'll find a little bit of everything that I love including delicious recipes, simple DIY projects, easy entertaining ideas, beauty tips, inspiring travel, and home updates!
You can find more inspiration over on the blog:
And get a peek into my daily life and updates over on instagram too!
Moab, Utah Travel Guide
Our Full Wedding Video!
Blood Orange Gin and Tonic Recipe
Valentine's Day Passion Cocktail
My Favorite T-shirt bras!
Recipe for Grapefruit Rosemary Mules
Our Charlotte Build - The Land!